Quality Assurance Engineer
APIMatic is a developer experience company with the mission to increase developer productivity worldwide. We are revolutionizing the way developers explore, try, and consume APIs. Our flagship product is a code generation engine that generates developer portals and API SDKs for programing languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, TypeScript, etc. One of our freely available tools, API Transformer is used and loved by developers from 150+ countries. From large enterprises to small businesses, our products are enabling customers to roll out great developer experience programs with agility and speed. With teams in Auckland, San Francisco and Islamabad, we are continuously expanding our global reach.
About the Role
This role requires extensive knowledge of testing methodologies, logical problem-solving skills, and exceptional organizational abilities. You will need to be a proactive strategist, capable of automating processes and using automated issue-tracking systems to track testing. Additionally, you should feel comfortable with code and regression testing, possess strong communication skills, and have an analytical mindset.
Who We Want:
- A self-starter mentality, being able to take the lead on Frontend and backend automation testing and finding ways to improve our efforts further.
- Extensive knowledge of testing methodologies and best practices in the industry.
- Logical problem-solvers with a systematic approach to diagnosing, communicating, documenting, and fixing errors in software programs to ensure a flawless software release
- Organized multitaskers who demonstrate extraordinary attention to detail while working on multiple automation QA projects at once in a fast-paced agile methodology environment.
- Proactive strategists who identify processes and procedures to automate and use an automated issue-tracking system to track testing.
- An engineer who is comfortable with code and regression testing.
- Strong communicators who can clearly articulate their findings and collaborate with developers to ensure APIMatic is meeting all business and technical requirements.
- An analytical mindset with an intrinsic sense of curiosity; being able to see the bigger picture and wanting to understand how things are working at all levels of the system.
- A proven ability to lead and mentor a team of automation QA engineers to ensure they meet their targets and develop their skills.
What's Expected of You:
- Bachelor’s degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, or equivalent required
- A minimum of two (02) years of experience in software automation testing is mandatory.
- Working knowledge of QA processes and methodologies is required.
- Hands-on experience writing UI tests using Cypress, and Playwright.
- Hands-on experience writing API testing using REST Assured and Postman is required.
- Extensive experience with microservices testing and solid knowledge of REST API principles.
- Understanding of security concepts such as JWT, JWS, and HTTPS (considered as an advantage).
- Hands-on experience with Git VCS and working with CI/CD systems.
- Experience working in a test automation framework from scratch.
- Strong knowledge of software QA methodologies, tools, and processes.
- The ability to stress test web UI and APIs using JMeter is a plus.
- Experience with testing SDKs is considered a big advantage.
What Sets APIMatic Apart?
- Bonuses & USD- locked salary
- Opportunity for Employee Share Option Program
- Medical coverage and insurance
- The freedom to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to understand API space and excel in API landscape.
- Silicon Valley advisors, consultants and mentors
- Ability to try new things and experiment in your domain
- Fun team to work within a startup environment
- Flexible working hours
- In-campus free lunch & snacks
- Team retreats and events