Customer Support Engineer
Customer Support Engineer
Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
APIMatic is a developer experience company with the mission to increase developer productivity worldwide. We are revolutionizing the way developers explore, try, and consume APIs. Our flagship product is a code generation engine that generates developer portals and API SDKs for programing languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, TypeScript, etc. One of our freely available tools, API Transformer is used and loved by developers from 150+ countries. From large enterprises to small businesses, our products are enabling customers to roll out great developer experience programs with agility and speed. With teams in Auckland, San Francisco and Islamabad, we are continuously expanding our global reach.
We are seeking a Customer Support Engineer who will technically understand the company’s entire product and service offering and use that knowledge to provide enterprise-level assistance to our customers, especially our US based clients. Our ideal candidate will be an energetic self-starter who is empathetic and capable of thriving in challenging situations. He/She will be someone whom customers can trust and rely upon for providing timely and accurate solutions to any technical problems they may be facing.
We’d love to hear from you if you think you:
- Are naturally a helper and enjoy assisting people with technical issues.
- Are able to explain technical details simply.
- Are a technically skilled problem solver with a knack for digging to the root of problems and offering solutions.
- Offering timely support to both technical/non-technical customers by promptly and accurately responding to their queries, feature requests, bug reports, etc. over email or chat applications
- Asking customers targeted questions to quickly understand the root of the problem
- Contributing to product improvement by collecting customer feedback and identifying patterns or any other necessary information from the customer interaction
- Taking ownership of technical issues/queries and coordinating with relevant team members from engineering, sales or marketing to get them resolved
- Prioritizing and managing several open issues at one time. This includes proper recording, tracking and resolving all the issues
- Following up timely with customers to notify them of bug fixes, feature releases, etc. thus ensuring their full satisfaction
- Providing weekly/monthly reports of customer issues and their status
- Researching, diagnosing, troubleshooting and identifying solutions to resolve system issues
- For more complex problems, communicating to the clients over the phone or providing clear, written instructions and technical manuals until the issue is resolved
- Helping train or onboard new customers
- Resolving escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention
- Writing support documentation. This includes onboarding guides, manuals and other troubleshooting documents.
Skills and Experience
- 0-2 year of work experience
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills and are able to communicate via phone and email
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical help, both written and verbal
- Excellent problem-solving skills. Ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues
- Firm grasp of how the web works and software products
- Knowledge of REST APIs or SDKs etc. is a plus
- Familiarity with help desk softwares (e.g. Zendesk) is a plus.
This Will Be Needed to be Successful
- A customer-centric, empathetic mindset
- An ability to soak up knowledge quickly and
- Able to transfer knowledge in a simple and effective way
- A consultative mindset as well as excellent relationship management skills
- An ability to communicate fluently in English
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- A “can-do” attitude
- The ability to nurture relationships with potential customers
- A winning attitude.
BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any relevant field.
- Bonuses & USD- locked salary
- Opportunity for Employee Share Option Program
- Medical coverage and insurance
- The freedom to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to understand API space and excel in API landscape.
- Silicon Valley advisors, consultants and mentors
- Ability to try new things and experiment in your domain
- Fun team to work within a startup environment
- Flexible working hours
- In-campus free lunch & snacks
- Team retreats and events