APIMatic is a developer experience company with the mission to increase developer productivity worldwide. We are revolutionizing the way developers explore, try, and consume APIs. Our flagship product is a code generation engine that generates developer portals and API SDKs for programing languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, TypeScript, etc. One of our freely available tools, API Transformer is used and loved by developers from 150+ countries. From large enterprises to small businesses, our products are enabling customers to roll out great developer experience programs with agility and speed. With teams in Auckland, San Francisco and Islamabad, we are continuously expanding our global reach.
As a platform engineer you will work with APIMatic’s Core team, to develop, maintain, and extend APIMatic’s Code Generation platform. We are looking for an engineer who can grow and evolve the platform in collaboration with the other team members. Primary responsibilities for this role includes:
- Implementing new platform features and extending existing features;
- Writing unit and integration tests;
- Adding support for new languages;
- Making code reviews;
- Writing RFCs and maintaining documentation of relevant features;
- Improving the platform by removing dead code, paying technical debt, and refactoring, as needed.
Required Skills and Experience
- Minimum 3 years of software development experience.
- Expertise in at least one static language e.g. C#, and one dynamic language e.g. Python.
- Comprehensive understanding of how REST APIs work.
- Basic understanding of package repositories like Nuget, PyPi, and RubyGems.
- Experience working with Git.
- Basic understanding of Unit Testing & Continuous integration test tools like TravisCI, CircleCI or Jenkins is a big plus.
Bonus Points For:
- Experience with Swagger/ Open API spec & Swagger codegen;
- Hands on experience with 3 or more programing languages;
- Experience as a technical lead;
- Knowledge of compiler design.
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Software or related fields.
- Bonuses & USD- locked salary
- Opportunity for Employee Share Option Program
- Medical coverage and insurance
- The freedom to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to understand API space and excel in API landscape.
- Silicon Valley advisors, consultants and mentors
- Ability to try new things and experiment in your domain
- Fun team to work within a startup environment
- Flexible working hours
- In-campus free lunch & snacks
- Team retreats and events