Visual Designer (Internship)
Visual Designer (Internship)
Islamabad, Pakistan | Full Time
APIMatic is a developer experience company with the mission to increase developer productivity worldwide. We are revolutionizing the way developers explore, try, and consume APIs. Our flagship product is a code generation engine that generates developer portals and API SDKs for programing languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, TypeScript, etc. One of our freely available tools, API Transformer is used and loved by developers from 150+ countries. From large enterprises to small businesses, our products are enabling customers to roll out great developer experience programs with agility and speed. With teams in Auckland, San Francisco and Islamabad, we are continuously expanding our global reach.
Who Are We Looking For
As a creative Visual Designer, you will be responsible for the design development of all visual brand communications. You will be part of the design team that creates and executes world-class UI, graphic design, branding, and more.
Using your considerable design experience and innovative thinking, you will be working with the team in creating designs for visual brand communications but you may also be called upon for other design tasks (photography, illustration, video-editing etc.) based on your skillset. Our design team prides itself on being multitalented and flexible, and we look for the same in our potential candidates.
Skills and Qualifications
- 0-2 years of work experience in visual design or a related field.
- Must be able to show a portfolio of work that reflects creative thinking, broad range, modern and minimalist taste.
- An excellent understanding of how to apply the elements of visual design, such as typography, patterns, photography, motion, and interaction.
- Excellent communication, collaboration, reporting, analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Beneficial to have in-depth technical knowledge of product development as it relates to UI and graphic design.
- You have a desire to push the boundaries of how a brand is interpreted and understood.
- Exceptional visual and oral communication skills.
- Up-to-date knowledge of UI Design and prototyping software like Adobe Illustrator, Adobe Photoshop, Adobe XD, Figma or sketch.
- Experience in all phases of the design process including user research, copywriting, wireframing, prototyping, visual design, interaction design, and usability testing.
- An intuitive eye for customer needs beyond the obvious.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Ability to collaborate with cross-functional team members.
- Ability to collect and interpret both qualitative and quantitative feedback.
- A well-rounded portfolio of client work, demonstrating a strong understanding of client objectives.
- Ability to effectively communicate and persuade around design concepts.
- Passion for design; not satisfied with the status quo and always thinking of ways to improve.
- Creative problem-solving skills.
- Dynamic, creative personality, effective at engaging and influencing a variety of audiences.
- Provide assistance to product engineers when needed.
- Recommend new tools and technologies by staying abreast of the latest trends and techniques.
Bachelor in Visual and Communication Design or Computer Science.
- Bonuses & USD- locked salary
- Opportunity for Employee Share Option Program
- Medical coverage and insurance
- The freedom to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment
- Opportunity to understand API space and excel in API landscape.
- Silicon Valley advisors, consultants and mentors
- Ability to try new things and experiment in your domain
- Fun team to work within a startup environment
- Flexible working hours
- In-campus free lunch & snacks
- Team retreats and events