Customer Support Engineer
APIMatic is a developer experience company with the mission to increase developer productivity worldwide. We are revolutionizing the way developers explore, try, and consume APIs. Our flagship product is a code generation engine that generates developer portals and API SDKs for programing languages like C#, Java, Python, Ruby, PHP, TypeScript, etc. One of our freely available tools, API Transformer is used and loved by developers from 150+ countries. From large enterprises to small businesses, our products are enabling customers to roll out great developer experience programs with agility and speed. With teams in Auckland, San Francisco and Islamabad, we are continuously expanding our global reach.
About the Role
We are looking for a Customer Support Engineer who possesses a deep technical understanding of our entire product and service portfolio. This knowledge will be leveraged to offer enterprise-level assistance to our customers, with a particular focus on our clients based in the United States. Our ideal candidate should be an enthusiastic self-starter with strong empathy and the ability to excel in demanding situations. They should be a dependable resource that customers can confidently turn to for prompt and precise solutions to any technical issues they encounter.
We'd love to hear from you if you:
- Have a natural inclination to help and take pleasure in assisting people with technical issues.
- Can simplify complex technical details for easy understanding.
- Possess strong technical problem-solving skills, with the ability to identify root causes and provide effective solutions.
- Have a customer-centric, empathetic mindset.
- Have the ability to quickly acquire and effectively transfer knowledge.
- Have the consultative mindset and excellent relationship management skills.
- Have strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Have a "can-do" attitude.
- Have the ability to build relationships with potential customers.
- Have a winning attitude.
What You'll Do:
- Provide timely support to both technical and non-technical customers, responding promptly and accurately to their queries, feature requests, bug reports, etc., via email or chat applications.
- Use targeted questions to quickly understand the root of customer issues.
- Contribute to product improvement by collecting customer feedback and identifying patterns or essential information from customer interactions.
- Take ownership of technical issues and queries, collaborating with relevant team members from engineering, sales, or marketing to resolve them.
- Prioritize and manage several open issues simultaneously, including proper recording, tracking, and resolution.
- Follow up with customers in a timely manner to inform them of bug fixes, feature releases, ensuring their satisfaction.
- Provide weekly/monthly reports on customer issues and their status.
- Research, diagnose, troubleshoot, and identify solutions to resolve system issues.
- For more complex problems, communicate with clients over the phone or provide clear, written instructions and technical manuals until the issue is resolved.
- Assist in training or onboarding new customers.
- Resolve escalated customer complaints without the need for team lead intervention.
- Write support documentation, including onboarding guides, manuals, and other troubleshooting documents.
What's Expected of You:
- 1-2 years of relevant work experience.
- Excellent written and verbal English communication skills for phone and email communication.
- Ability to quickly grasp a highly technical product to be able to provide support to users.
- Ability to provide step-by-step technical assistance, both in written and verbal forms.
- Ability to interact with Technical Users.
- Strong problem-solving skills with the ability to diagnose and troubleshoot basic technical issues.
- Solid understanding of web functionality and software products.
- Knowledge of REST APIs or SDKs is a plus.
- Familiarity with help desk software (e.g., Zendesk) is a plus.
Required Academic Qualifications:
BS degree in Computer Science, Software Engineering, Information Technology or any relevant field.
What Sets APIMatic Apart?
- Bonuses & USD- locked salary.
- Opportunity for Employee Share Option Program.
- Medical coverage and insurance.
- The freedom to learn and grow in a fast-paced environment.
- Opportunity to understand API space and excel in API landscape.
- Silicon Valley advisors, consultants and mentors.
- Ability to try new things and experiment in your domain.
- Fun team to work within a startup environment.
- Flexible working hours.
- In-campus free lunch & snacks.
- Team retreats and events.